TELL US ABOUT IT
WRITE FOR OUR BLOG
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST BLOG POSTS HERE!
Like us on Facebook. Find out about LATAM's Latest Research papers, Blog posts in Vox.LACEA, Opportunities for economists, news, etc.
Follow us on Twitter @VOXLACEA
Check the new entries of LACER-LACEA repository.
We are pleased to announce the call for papers for the 2019 LACEA LAMES meetings to be jointly held in the city of Puebla, Mexico, hosted by the Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla (BUAP) on November 7, 8 and 9, 2019. Authors are invited to submit theoretical and empirical papers. These should be written in english and submitted electronically (PDF only) through Easy Chair before june 24, 2019. For more information, please click here.
LACEA is pleased to announce that ECONOMIA, LACEA's journal, has been accepted for coverage in Thomson's Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), as a first step in its process of full accreditation with Thompson Social Science Citation Index (SSCI). Also, to improve timeliness and usefulness of access, from 2018 onwards the journal will be distributed to LACEA's members in electronic format rather than in print. For more information, please click here.
Visit some of the April 2019 and May 2019 Blog Posts
- Cómo la migración puede afectar las políticas de desarrollo local en formas inesperadas, Juan Pablo Chauvin. Post date: Wednesday, 17 April 2019
- La tributación de las empresas en la economía internacional, Christine Lagarde. Post date: Thursday, 18 April 2019
- Invertir en salud y Desarrollo Infantil Temprano genera amplias ganancias en Paraguay. Lesley D. O' Connell. Post date: Monday, 22 April 2019
- El reto que plantea la moderación de los precios de las materias primas en América Latina. Christian Bogmans, Jorge Restrepo. Post date: Wednesday, 24 April 2019
- ¿Cómo es el ambiente del hogar en Uruguay? Giorgina Garibotto, Christian Berón. Post date: Friday, 26 April 2019
- Para enfrentar los desafíos externos, impulsemos el crecimiento desde dentro, Eric Parrado Herrera. Post date: Monday, 29 April 2019
- Financing for Sustainable Development: Tackling Big Challenges, Chris Lane. Post date: Wednesday, 1 May 2019
- Nuevo estudio busca diagnosticar la calidad de los servicios para la infancia en México. Marta Rubio-Codina. Post date: Friday, 3 May 2019
- A renewed strategy to boost growth and well-being in Mexico, Sonia Araujo. Post date: Monday, 6 May 2019
- Una estrategia renovada para impulsar el crecimiento y el bienestar en México, Sonia Araujo. Post date: Monday, 6 May 2019
- Qué puede enseñarnos Brasil acerca de la lucha contra la inflación, By: João Ayres. Post date: Wednesday, 8 May 2019
- La tecnología financiera puede reducir los costos de las remesas a América Latina, IMFBlog. Post date: Friday, 10 May 2019
- ¿Contribuyeron las empresas a una menor desigualdad salarial en América Latina? Julián Messina. Post date: Monday, 13 May 2019
- Panamá: Salto cuántico económico, Alejandro Santos, Metodij Hadzi-Vaskov, Post date: Wednesday, 15 May 2019
- Cuando la mejora de la infraestructura no puede esperar, Eduardo Cavallo. Post date: Friday, 17 May 2019
- House Prices Are Up: Should We Be Happy? IMFBlog. Post date: Monday, 20 May 2019
The Euro-Latin Network on Integration and Trade (ELSNIT) is now accepting submissions of papers examining the effects of trade and investment promotion policies along the economic and institutional dimensions. All researchers who are associated with a European or Latin American/Caribbean based academic or research institution are eligible to submit papers. While detailed abstracts will be accepted, there is a strong preference for nearly completed papers. Submission should be accompanied by a statement declaring the institutional affiliation of the authors. The papers should be written in English and submitted before June 14, 2019. More information here
On the 23-24th October 2019, the OECD, in partnership with DANE, DNP and the Universidad del Rosario will hold the International Conference on the Policy Uses of Well-being and Sustainable Development Indicators in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) in Bogotá, Colombia. A Call for Papers is being launched to source relevant research and case studies related to the use of multidimensional indicator sets in well-being and sustainable development policy, that will be presented at the conference and included in an online proceedings document which will be made publicly available following the event. Selected authors will be invited to present their papers at the conference in Bogotá. We invite submissions in two tracks: completed papers and non-completed papers, which can be submitted in either English or Spanish before June 15, 2019. Please note that we will pay close attention to proposals that present new evidence and conclusions for the LAC region. More information here
Slow and diverging productivity growth is a matter of global concern. The 2019 Chilean Productivity Workshop aims at gathering researchers interested on issues related to, among others, measuring, understanding and improving the productivity and performance of firms and public services. Theoretical and applied papers looking at drivers of productivity and evaluation of policies to enhance productivity are particularly wanted. The deadline for submission is June 28, 2019. For more information please click here.
The Global Development Network (GDN) is calling for expressions of interest from research teams based in research institutions in developing countries to act as national focal points for GDN’s Doing Research Program. As National Focal Points, the teams would be expected to mobilize research and have experience in research of the education, research or innovation sectors of their countries. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Click here to apply
The Academic Department of Finance at the Universidad del Pacifico calls on applicants to fill a tenure track professor position available from August 1st, 2019. PhD candidates may apply as long as they produce formal written proof that they will defend their doctoral thesis before August 1st, 2019. Special consideration will be given to candidates with evidence of outstanding teaching performance. Availability from August 1st, 2019. The call for applications will remain open until a candidate accepts our offer. More information here
Se ha abierto concurso para cubrir cinco plazas de profesores a tiempo completo en diferentes áreas de especialización en la Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, Departamento de Economía. Son plazas que forman parte de un proceso de evaluación para una posterior incorporación a la planta docente ordinaria (tenure track). El candidato perfecto debe tener Doctorado (PhD) con publicaciones en revistas indexadas; Muy buena docencia y alta productividad en investigación y publicaciones; Liderazgo y habilidad de trabajar en equipo intra e inter disciplinariamente. Mas aquí
For more opportunities, please click here
LACEA has established itself as the leading association of economists interested in the problems of economic and social development in Latin America and the Caribbean. For 25 years we have contributed to strengthening ties between the research community and economic decision makers in the region and we have fostered debate and dissemination of better economic and social policies based on economic research. We ask you to donate to make LACEA financially sustainable for the years to come. Please take one minute to donate and join in the celebration of this milestone. Thank you!