LACEA'S ELECTIONS 2017
We are pleased to announce that the process to elect the Vice President for the period 2018-2019 (to become President for the period 2020-2021) and six new members of the Executive Committee for the period 2018-2021, is now open and will close on November 19th, 2017 at midnight. Please submit your votes here.
LACEA thanks you all for participating in the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association (LACEA) and the Latin American Meeting of the Econometric Society (LAMES) that took place in Buenos Aires, Argentina, from November 9 - 11, 2017, hosted by Universidad de San Andrés (UdeSA). We look frward meeting you again the following year in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
Visit some of the October and November 2017 Blog Posts
- Integración financiera: ¿amiga o enemiga de países que ahorran poco? Eduardo Cavallo. Post date: Monday, 16 October 2017
- ¿Qué nos enseña el Nobel de Economía sobre mejorar vidas hoy? Florencia López Bóo, Pablo Ibarrarán. Post date: Wednesday, 18 October 2017
- El vínculo entre las tasas de interés y la inflación en Brasil Troy Matheson. Post date: Friday, 20 October 2017
- Un nuevo tiempo político en América Latina Rogelio Núñez Castellano. Post date: Monday, 23 October 2017
- Mentoría por los niños: modelando interacciones para el desarrollo infantil Jill McFarren Aviles. Post date: Wednesday, 25 October 2017
- Ideas para una reforma de pensiones en Latinoamérica Angel Melguizo (Centro de Desarrollo, OCDE), David Tuesta (BBVA Research). Post date: Friday, 27 October 2017
- La economía de América Latina despierta y recupera la senda del crecimiento Sandro Pozzi. Post date: Monday, 30 October 2017
- Los desafíos macroeconómicos de América Latina y el Caribe By: Andrew Powell. Post date: Wednesday, 1 November 2017
- Protesting for change: the student movement in Chile By: Felipe González (Assistant Professor, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile). Post date: Friday, 3 November 2017
- ¿Cuál es el futuro de la movilidad en América Latina y el Caribe? By: Lorena Isla. Post date: Monday, 6 November 2017
- A Brief History of LACEA. On the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Association By: Eduardo Lora (President of LACEA). Post date: Wednesday, 8 November 2017
- No actuar en aras de la primera infancia tiene un alto costo Florencia López-Boo. Post date: Friday, 10 November 2017
Economia, the journal of LACEA is happy to announce that starting on February 1, 2017, the journal accepts submissions at any time. Submissions should be done electronically in the following link: https://editorialexpress.com/economia. For more information, please click here.
The Department of Economics at Universidad de los Andes invites applications for tenure-track positions at the rank of Assistant Professor in Economics with emphasis on economic history beginning in the fall term of 2018. The Department is searching for economists with solid quantitative skills and a clear research agenda related to Economic History, open to pursuing interdisciplinary approaches and with the ability to engage in related topics, including: long-term economic growth, political economy, applied microeconomics, finance, or macroeconomic policy. We shall also consider outstanding candidates in any other field. The position will start by July 2018. Please submit via JOE: a cover letter specifically explaining your interest in the position at Universidad de los Andes, a CV, at least one research paper, and three letters of recommendation. The submission deadline is November 25th, 2017. (Please Note That This Is Earlier Than Most Deadlines). We will interview at the ASSA meetings in Philadelphia. More information here
IZA has now openings for Research Associates. Candidates are ideally close to completion of their Ph.D., bring excellent knowledge of econometrics and a strong interest in applied and policy-oriented labor issues. Their research agenda should fit one of our four focus areas: Labor Market and Social Policy in Europe, Demographic Change, Organizational Change and Policy Evaluation. Team spirit and active participation in the intellectual environment of IZA is an essential. Research associates will support our network activities and should engage in attracting external research funding. They are expected to publish their research in top peer-reviewed journals. The application deadline is November 30, 2017. More information here
Universidad del Rosario (Colombia) and the Faculty of Economics invite applicants for tenure track/tenured positions starting in the fall 2018. Applications in any field of economics will be accepterd. The faculty offers a competitive 12-month salary as well as non-salary research benefits including: low teaching loads, graduate research assistants, generous financial incentives for publication and travel expenses to attend international conferences. Submit your application material through JOE by December 3, 2017. We will hold interviews in the 2018 AEA-ASSA Meetings in Philadelphia. More information here
MORE OPPORTUNITIES HERE