TELL US ABOUT IT
WRITE FOR OUR BLOG
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST BLOG POSTS HERE!
Like us on Facebook. Find out about LATAM's Latest Research papers, Blog posts in Vox.LACEA, Opportunities for economists, news, etc.
Follow us on Twitter @VOXLACEA
Check the new entries of LACER-LACEA repository.
Visit some of the April 2018 and May 2018 Blog Posts
- Costa Rica: Distribuir los beneficios del crecimiento más ampliamente, Sonia Araujo (Sección de Costa Rica, Departamento de Economía de la OCDE), Lisa Meehan (Sección de Costa Rica, Departamento de Economía de la OCDE). Post date: Tuesday, 17 April 2018
- ¿Son más honestas las mujeres políticas que sus homólogos masculinos? Fernanda Brollo. Post date: Friday, 20 April 2018
- This is the biggest threat to Latin America’s digital transformation, Jordi Botifoll (Cisco President Latin America & Senior Vice President in the Americas, Cisco Inc.). Post date: Monday, 23 April 2018
- El nuevo fervor por el libre mercado en América Latina, Razvan Vlaicu. Post date: Wednesday, 25 April 2018
- Latinoamérica: Hacia un círculo virtuoso con Estados más transparentes y capaces, Adriana Caicedo (Centro de Desarrollo de la OCDE), Angel Melguizo (Centro de Desarrollo de la OCDE), Juan Vazquez (Centro de Desarrollo de la OCDE). Post date: Friday, 27 April 2018
- Here’s how start-ups will shape Latin America’s future, John Hewko (General Secretary, Rotary International). Post date: Monday, 30 April 2018
- Cuidado afectuoso: El papel del sector educativo, Joan Lombardi. Post date: Wednesday, 2 May 2018
- A New Look at Real Exchange Rates, João Ayres. Post date: Friday, 4 May 2018
- América Latina tiene la mayor brecha de habilidades del mundo. A continuación te mostramos cómo arreglarlo, Monica Flores (President, Latin America, ManpowerGroup), Angel Melguizo (Chief Economist, Latin American Unit, OECD Development Centre, Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development - OECD). Post date: Monday, 7 May 2018
- Elite taxation, rent-seeking and income inequality in Brazil, Marc Morgan (Paris School of Economics and the École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales and World Inequality Lab). Post date: Wednesday, 9 May 2018
- Minimum Wages and the Fight Against Inequality, Julián Messina. Post date: Friday, 11 May 2018
- ¿Estrategia de cobertura o autoaseguramiento? Los beneficios del programa de coberturas petroleras de México, Fabián Valencia. Post date: Wednesday, 16 May 2018
- Boosting Growth in Latin America and the Caribbean, Andrew Powell, Francesca Castellani. Post date: Friday, 18 May 2018
- El FMI pronostica una recuperación más vigorosa para América Latina y el Caribe, By: Diálogo a Fondo. Post date: Monday, 21 May 2018
The Euro-Latin Network on Integration and Trade (ELSNIT) is now accepting submissions of papers examining the relationships between technology and trade along the economic, institutional, political science, and legal dimensions. Both theoretical and empirical contributions will be considered, but in all cases, priority will be given to papers identifying and shedding light on relevant policy questions such as those outlined above, including case studies of policies followed by national or international organizations, in particular. All researchers who are associated with a European or Latin American/Caribbean based academic or research institution are eligible to submit papers. While detailed abstracts will be accepted, there is a strong preference for nearly completed papers. Submission should be accompanied by a statement declaring the institutional affiliation of the authors. The papers should be written in English ans sent by May 25, 2018. More information here
Universidad de los Andes in Bogotá, Colombia, invites applications for a 29-month postdoctoral (full-time) position at the Department of Economics. The Department has around 40 Professors. In the field of environmental and resource economics our researchers belong to the Research Group on Environmental, Natural Resource, and Applied Economic Studies (REES), which is part of CEDE (Center for Economic Development Studies). REES has several core strengths including behavioral, development and environmental economics, where researchers work on cooperative behavior, valuation of non-market goods, climate, natural resource management, air pollution, ecosystem services, fisheries and marine protected areas. Applicants should hold a recent PhD in economics (2015 onwards), or be close to finish their thesis. The application deadline is May 31, 2018. More information here
IPADE Business School, one of the top ranked business schools in Mexico and Latin America,was founded in 1967 by a group of prominent businessmen with the aim of developing future leaderswith the ability to drive social and economic growth, rooted in personal integrity, social responsibility and a global vision. IPADE Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA). IPADE Business School is seeking candidates for Full-time Professors in Operations Management, Finance, and Accounting and Control for the academic cycle 2018-2019, starting in August 2018. Successful candidates should have outstanding records in PhD or DBA programs. The candidates should have a strong interest in teaching and in doing research influencing both practitioners and academics. Candidates should have excellent communication skills, as well as a clear vocation for academia. The candidates should be able to teach in both English and Spanish for both graduate and executive education programs. The application deadline is May 31, 2018. More information here
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime is looking for a Statistician (Firearms) (Temporary), P3 (Temporary Job Opening). This position is located in the Data Development and Dissemination Unit (DDDU), Research and Trend Analysis Branch (RAB), Division for Policy Analysis and Public Affairs (DPA), United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), in Vienna. Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in statistics, mathematics, economics, sociology, other social sciences or related humanities field is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience, including at least two years at international level, in the collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of statistical data is required. The deadline for application is May 31, 2018. More information here
For more opportunities, please click here
LACEA has established itself as the leading association of economists interested in the problems of economic and social development in Latin America and the Caribbean. For 25 years we have contributed to strengthening ties between the research community and economic decision makers in the region and we have fostered debate and dissemination of better economic and social policies based on economic research. On the occasion of our 25th Anniversary we ask you to donate to make LACEA financially sustainable for the years to come. Please take one minute to donate and join in the celebration of this milestone. Thank you!