LACEA was established in 1992 by a group of economists with a common interest in Latin American economic issues. The purpose of LACEA is to encourage greater professional interaction and dialogue among researchers and policy-makers concerned with Latin American and the Caribbean. LACEA is part of the Allied Social Sciences Association. LACEA organizes sessions at the annual meetings of the American Economic Association, the Latin American Studies Association and the Econometric Society/Latin America meetings. See LACEA’s front page (LACEA home) for a full history and information about forthcoming activities.
Benefits exclusive to LACEA members: 1) Invitation to participate in LACEA’s annual meeting, mentoring program, summer schools, and other programs and academic activities organized by LACEA; 2) Biannual issues of LACEA’s journal, Economia; 3) access to JSTOR’s Economic and Business Collection 4) a fortnightly newsletter with information about grant/funding opportunities and academic activities.
To become a member, renew a membership or update information in the LACEA database, please use the membership information form and submit it to LACEA. Dues for regular memberships are $90 per year. Multi-year memberships for two years are $135. Student memberships are also available for $50 and are renewable as long as students maintain their status. We have made payment easy by accepting your credit card information right on the membership form. Please note that members must be current in their dues in order to participate in LACEA’s annual meeting, receive the journal, and participate in the election of officers.
- Interaction: The Institutional Membership facilitates communication about relevant economic and social policies in Latin America and the Caribbean. It also expands the scope of interaction among institutions.
- Membership: The Institutional Membership strengthens ties and creates opportunities for collaboration with colleagues with academic or technical background.
- Convenience: The Institutional Membership allows using LACEA newsletter to post vacancies, papers calls, conference calls and other events. It also eliminates paperwork and individual fees.
- In order to apply please choose the tape of membership package that best suits you.
- Complete the membership information form, and submit it to LACEA, jointly with the list of the Economists you want to register in this process (please download and fill in the required information).
- When submitted and approved, the package is then entered in the system and each package member receives a confirmation email with log-in details once it is activated.